Tuesday, February 5, 2013

And baby makes...5!

 

I guess I am making it officially "official". We are going to become a family of 5. 

Did I mention my age?! 35
Did I mention the age of my youngest? 7 (in 4 days!)

When I shared this news with my dear friend Hannah a couple of months ago she said, "Oh Jen you so NEED to blog about this!"

In the days that follow I hope to be doing just that, but posting about other things as well. Before I begin, I need to write a very honest disclaimer  = )

I am not one who "enjoys" being pregnant. In my past two pregnancies, I have not gotten sick, my feet have not swollen to double their size, and I have had very little discomforts. My doctor told me after my second child was born, that I was a "text book" case for what great pregnancies should be. Isn't that nice!
To be honest, pregnancy creeps me out. I do absolutely LOVE the outcome!
I am one who knows that this is a miracle, but please, never ask to touch my stomach. You will probably get slapped.
I am one who believes without a shadow of a doubt that this little baby who was not in our immediate plans, was in His. That does not mean that when this little one starts to move, that I will marvel at the feeling. I will get excited from time to time and I'm sure that my children will be fascinated by it and I will hide my "oh this is a little creepy!" reactions from them.
I am not one that will share update after update after update about Baby G. Not that I do not want to, but some things are private.
Please know that I am very well aware (more than most of you could imagine) how much of a blessing this child is. I cannot even begin to share how this news has affected my faith deeply.  Honestly, I do not feel very deserving of this, yet He has His plans.
 
Today I got to hear this little heart just beating away! What an awe inspiring sound that was! I almost wanted to take that $500 peice of equipment home with me, so I could hear it whenever I wanted! 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment