Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yikes!

Wow!
Reading my last post, I was suppose to be more committed to this "35 & pregnant" story!  =)

I will not bore you with the many details of what my life has consisted of these past 5 months, but one word I'm sure you can all relate to...BUSY!

I am one of the more fortunate ones, I have rather easy pregnancies and fast labor/deliveries.
My first child, I was in labor (from the time I felt my first contraction to when my daughter was born) 4 hours; my second less than 2 hours; and our third a little over 2 hours.

This third pregnancy (happening 7 years after the second) was the most interesting.
The other two were normal by most standards: Heartburn, aversion to the smell of any type of meat cooking, fatigue, etc. This time, no aversions, a hearty appetite, heartburn was the worst (and baby hardly has any hair on his precious little head), I had BOTH flu viruses (one landed me in the ER for a few hours), spent a few hours in the hospital for pre-term labor at 33 weeks (followed by 3 weeks of "light duty"!), I spent the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy making many trips to Pittsburgh for Dr's appts, and expecting my baby to arrive at any moment. The  day when baby arrived, our trip to the hospital was fast and smooth and we met our little man not even two hours later.

Elliot is a month old today and Brenna and Ethan adore him and I cannot imagine my life without him. Isn't it funny how that works?!  Something I was totally unprepared for, not expecting, not sure I could handle, and honestly not even sure this was what I wanted, I truly cannot remember when he was not with us. God is so good! He knew we needed Elliot.

My wonderful friends have been complimenting me on how "great" I look for having just had a baby. I must admit that it certainly does make you feel better hearing those things. However, I do not feel "great". I have never been one that prides myself on my appearance. Ask anyone that sees me dropping off my kids at school every morning  =)  I do enjoy clothes that fit though. So today's challenge is to FIND some!


 A song on my heart today...

No comments:

Post a Comment