Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The kindness of strangers....

I must confess, although I am a person who does feel truly blessed and I am enjoying sharing my "thankfulness", I am also doing this to get back into the habit of writing and blogging. I do appreciate you taking the time to click on my link and read what is on my heart.

I had to do one of my least favorite things today, grocery shop. Menu planned, grocery list ready, Elliot and I headed out on this beautiful fall day. Upon arriving at my first stop (Aldi) I was 'given' my buggy which made the beginning of this long task, a little brighter. When leaving with my overflowing cart (Elliot now on my arm in his car seat, because there was no more room) I lost two different items about 40 feet apart from each other. I realized this happened at the same time a lady walking by did. This sweet lady ran (literally) to retrieve both of my things for me, only to then offer to push my cart to my car! I politely said no, I think because I couldn't believe she offered!
I have to admit, that the two encounters that I had at Aldi ( one down, three more places to go!) changed my mood and attitude for the entire day. I was smiling and wanting to brighten someone else's day. Kindness is contagious and as much as I try to be that way every day, it is difficult and it does take  effort. Just imagine the kind of joy that could be spread around if everyone just tried a little harder.
I have often been accused of being to "trustworthy" about the world and those in it, but I am happy to say that today is proof that there are still nice people out there.

I am thankful for the kindness of strangers.

I am also thankful for my husband, who accidentally tossed our lost tooth away this evening, only to dig through the garbage to find it in time for the tooth fairy's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment