Tuesday, January 28, 2014

96 Hours!

This is a winter like we have not seen in a long time. A winter I want every year (except, maybe the cold temperatures) lots of snow, snow, snow!

I'm not sure how many "snow days" or now "cold days" we have had that will need made up, but honestly I do not care. My kids are home with me, warm and safe and for that I am extremely thankful.

This week we have had two "cold days" (so far) coming off of a weekend. My children have been with each other non-stop, for 96 plus hours. I am thankful they have each other, but question if they feel that way on a regular basis.

Yesterday they did not. Yesterday there was punishment for the way they were screaming at the top of their lungs (we are not aloud to do that - no matter what!) at each other for something so unimportant that it sent this mom's blood to a boiling point very fast. A few minutes later, I hear them playing and laughing like it never happened. Why can't some adults remember to forgive and forget that quickly. You know what, they truly forgot! I brought it up later when Dad got home (if they get it major trouble, Dad must be informed) and wanted them to tell him what happened and they could not remember.

Oh how easy it would have been to let them fight it out (and occasionally I do, after all they must learn how to handle certain situations) but I could not take one more second of the "tone" my son had in his voice or the "I don't care" vibe I was getting from his sister. I have said these words of wisdom multiple times before and I know I will say them many more times in the years to come "It is easy to be a bad parent. It is hard to be a good one." (From the amazing Marie Benner.)

Check in a little later for some more "fun" from yesterday and some things I do with my kids to help the 96 hour together time a little more easy and something to look forward too!





No comments:

Post a Comment