Monday, November 23, 2015

The Obligatory Thankfuls

Disclaimer: If this is the first time you are reading my blog or it's been awhile - grammar and I have never been friends.


I keep being reminded that it is NOT Christmas yet. It's Thanksgiving! Let the turkey have his turn before the guy in the red suit gets all of the attention.

Well I have news for all of you. I have never been much of a "Thanksgiving" fan. Why? Well, because I was taught to ALWAYS be thankful. Every. Single. Day. To me Thanksgiving is not the only day I should share why I am thankful and what I am thankful for.

To silence the critics:
I am thankful for my husband, for my children, for my family and even for Bensen (our crazy puppy). I am thankful for my home, and that I live in the USA and for the freedom that comes with that and for every single person who has fought to give me that and who will fight to keep it. I am thankful that my husband has a job and considers it a blessing that I get to be a stay-at-home mom. I am thankful that I have friends that "get me" and truly like me anyway. I am thankful for the little things: snow, rain, wind, a fire in the fireplace, stopping to pick up fast food, sitting on the carpeted floor, sponsoring a young man named Salomon who had no carpeted floor, reading to my children, kissing them good night, and even watching SpongeBob.

However, what I am most thankful for is the person who enables all of that for me. Guess what, I only get one time of year to celebrate the birth of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (in the eyes of the world anyway). So forgive me if my celebration of Thanksgiving is not what it should be. I get too excited to celebrate Jesus. Believe me, thankful doesn't even begin to cover all He has done for me and all He has done for you.

I truly hope that you and your family do enjoy time together and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!



 



With all going on in the world...I need this reminder, maybe you do to.
  
 Word of God Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment