Friday, July 25, 2014

Nostalgia Abounds



Last week I started on the task of clearing out the rest of our belongings stored in my parents' attic.

The boxes are now patiently ( I would like to say the same of my husband ) waiting for their turn to be opened, gone through, contents placed where they may go and the box tossed.

A few days ago I opened one that took me back, way back to the... 90's! A box filled with letters, cards, journals, pictures, yearbooks, scrapbooks, address books, etc.! I am talking from Junior High to High School and even letters from my pen pal in Australia before Junior High! There is a full shoebox of letters from my friend Leanna, alone. Another half shoebox full from another person. I had to chuckle when I found a black notebook, it's sole purpose - to communicate with my friends DURING class! Notes passed in the hallway between classes, pictures drawn, letters from weekend campers I met at Benners! I could go on and on!

I had to fight the urge to not sit and open every single letter and read it. I wanted to be taken back to that moment and relive it! No worries, I plan on it, when I find the time.

I can just imagine the conversations I will have with 90's Jen!

Another treasure, a folder filled with MOPS newsletters! It's comical how I am a MOPS mom again (Mother of a Preschooler!) and God's timing is never, ever, ever wrong. I did find myself flipping through those newsletters and enjoying them and missing that time with friends very much. It also reminded me again of how much I love to write ( Have you read my disclaimer...grammar, punctuation and I are not BFF's) and how difficult it is to find the time to do so.  This blog alone, has taken me 30 minutes and countless AFK, away from keyboard moments, to chase baby E. 

I feel a strong desire to start a newsletter again, only in blog form! If this is something you think you would like to read, or even guest blog on...let me know! I am hoping to get it up and running in the next couple weeks!!

Enjoy every moment, because soon you will be chuckling and imagining conversations with 2015's self.

No comments:

Post a Comment