Monday, July 2, 2012


Independence Day

We celebrated last night with some fireworks, friends, and fun sitting in our church parking lot watching the city's show!


Earlier Sunday morning in our church service we heard a guest speaker explain what it took for us to have this freedom.


I am a proud American. I have much respect for my country. I pray for whomever is in office, whether I voted for him or not, I put out my flag, I have taught my kids the importance of that symbol, I stand for the National Anthem, I have military in my family, I have shed tears over losses of this great Nation...I am thankful, yet I take it all for granted.
This is all I have ever known! I have never see a glimpse of life any other way, have never actively looked much into how others live worlds away, (other than "situations" we support through missions) I do not remember much of what I learned in American History class. I am pathetic!


My six year old asked me last night "Why do we have this day mamma?"
I explained the best way this naive person could to keep up the "my mom is the best" persona for my children. He listened, smiled and as his eyes got big with excitement at the colors  in the sky, he simply said "So we get to do what we want?!"  Pretty much.


Sure feels like I am learning more than my children.

May God lay it on each and every heart of His children to pray for this Nation...

Enjoy your freedom, and remember how and why you have it! Not just on the fourth, but every day!










No comments:

Post a Comment