Thursday, August 23, 2012

Crazy Things My Kids Say...

Yesterday my (very soon to be 8 year old) creature LOVING daugther was sitting on the porch.

Her and Airton, our very chubby cat, are enjoying the sunshine.

A few minutes later she comes in and is rummaging through our snack basket.
"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Looking for something to feed the ants."

"To feed the ants?"

"Yeah. They are hungry. They keep walking around in circles, like they are searching for food. I want to help them."

Okay, now as an unspoken,unwritten, common-sense-kind-of-rule, we do NOT feed ants! Up until this point, I do not even know if that subject has ever even come up. Of course when said pests are in my house, that is another story.
When they are outside......?!
I hand my beautiful eyed, pest-loving daughter a piece of dog food.

"Do ants eat dog food?" Was the reply.

"Ants eat anything! They are ANTS" (This reply of course, from her pest NON-LOVING Mamma!)

Curious, I follow her out and watch her. She gently places the food down and is smiling so lovingly and almost guiding these little things to the food.

I get a closer peak and to my HORROR, they are not regular ants. They are the ones with wings. The ones that bite and fly!!

I went back in the house to get the RAID.

I explained to her that these are one of the few creatures God created that we can kill. Of course I didn't say it like that, exactly.

"Oh!" was the whispered response.
I then explained about the wings, teeth (well biting), and such.

I began to spray the little buggers and found their nest next to the stairs and really concentrated on that.

"Oh Mamma, you missed some over here."
and
" OH that one is still moving, get it AGAIN!!!"

Now...
That's MY girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment