Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Emotions...

My oldest turned 8 a few days ago.
She is now in 3rd grade.

My youngest is 6, soon to be 7.
He is now in 1st grade.

My house is quiet, my house is a little lonely.

I know God is working on me as a parent and slowly (Lord let it go slowly) preparing me for letting them go. Reminding me that they were only mine, on loan, from the very beginning. I remember both of the days that I dedicated, and gave Him back my (I mean His!) children. After all, they were a gift, a blessing and I have a very important job to do.

My question to Him one day will be... "Why did You give me the capacity to love them so much ???!" Things sure would be alot easier if I didn't.

I think I know what His answer will be. I think He will say something like this: "To give you just an idea of My love for you."

To occupy myself, I have been cleaning, organizing, doing laundry, giving my animals attention, etc.

I am having moments where my emotions are over the top, even for me, and I have cried a few tears these first two days of school and I'm not sure that the tears are done yet. It will get better, I know this.

Sometimes when I don't feel my heart is into praying...I listen instead. Sometimes it's through music.


The David Crowder Band

No comments:

Post a Comment