Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Long Overdue

Our lives have been a whirl wind the past year.

When we found out that Elliot would be arriving in approx. nine months, things just started to get a tiny bit stressful.

We moved twice in 5 months. Our first move I was pregnant, our second move I had a newborn. (I would recommend neither scenario.)

Adjusting to a new family member, getting back into the routine of school, and not being "home" was a lot on our plates. Trust me when I say this was not easy.

Were it not for the army of support that we received, I think my home would have large padding adorning the walls.

Today I am thankful for our many friends and family that helped us (and continue to do so) in our many transitions this past year. If it was helping us move (twice!), bringing us meals (after Elliot and during the moves), cleaning, keeping an eye on children, making Goodwill runs, taking furniture off of our hands, moving furniture out of a room with a very small door (without cursing!), taking furniture apart, assembling furniture only to disassemble becomes I measured wrong, helping with laundry, helping shop, picking up groceries, dropping what you are doing at the last minute to come to our house to help when we got into a late night jam, and most importantly keeping us in prayer.

We say it all of the time, but we truly, truly feel it...we are beyond blessed with our friends and family.


 “My friends are my ‘estate.’ Forgive me then the avarice to hoard them.” - Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment