Friday, November 1, 2013

November Thankfuls - Day 1


Honestly, today is a funny day in my house. One moment I am having a great day, the next I am extremely frustrated.

Due to a powerful wind and rain storm last night, my two older children are home from school,which normally, I absolutely love. However, at this moment, not loving it so much. Our day started out great,banana for breakfast, pizza for lunch, Halloween candy throughout, a movie, snuggle time, I even got in a brief nap with my youngest. Brenna and Ethan have played nicely most of the day, but then the arguing began. Play nice, argue, play nice, argue! Too much sugar perhaps? What has started out as a fun day, has turned into a normal day. A day where my son has lost the privilege of playing with his Star Wars toys and most of his Legos, for one week, because he refused to clean them up. A day that I can look at my middle child and want to squeeze him because he is so strong willed and five minutes later I want to squeeze him because he is so sweet!

I must take some of the blame. When my day does not go as planned I get crabby and it oozes from me to them. Oh how those little eyes and eras work. Even though they must obey the rules, and honor their parents, or suffer the consequences, I know things would go better if I worked on me.

There is quote that I love:
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
Charles R. Swindoll

So today I am thankful for:

A roller coaster day!
The little people that teach me a lot
Grace given to me by many
No school
Frozen pizza
Candy
Baby drool
Naps
Hearing "mamma" at least 100 times so far...

A song we can all relate too!

No comments:

Post a Comment